Rules and Regulations for Khon Kaen International Marathon 2020:
Thee following rules and regulations apply to the Marathon,Half Marathon, the Mini Marathon and the Fun Run
1. Change of race type or runner must be done in the registration system at least 2 weeks before the race. The fee will be as follows:
1.1 Fee for addition of running distance is 50 baht plus the fee for the new distance.
1.2 Fee for changing of runner is 200 baht plus the additional registration fee according to the time set.
2 Race number tag for the shirt should be placed in front only so that the number is clearly seen.
3. At the ‘Cut off’ time, all runners must immediately remove the number tag and get on the shuttle bus.
4. Runners using another runner’s number will not be eligible for the race and will not be entitled to run in the following year.
5. Awarded runners must show citizen identification card or passport, or any card holding the identifiable ID number.
6. Awarded runners must contact the administration for the award within 60 minutes after the official announcement. If not, no awards can be claimed or sent afterwards.
1. Completion of the official entry form, or online registration, confirms the Participant’s agreement to abide by the relevant rules and regulations of the IAAF and of the Khon Kaen International Marathon (KKIM) organizers, as listed below.
2. While every reasonable precaution will be taken by the organizers to ensure the participant’s safety, participants run at their own risk and the organizers shall not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in the race. Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
3. The participant must retire from the race immediately, if be required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, Race Director, Referee and/or Security Officer.
4. Bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel run objects other than official race and medical vehicles are not allowed on the course.
5. Once registration has been duly processed, there will be no fee refund for participants who do not eventually take part in the KKIM 2020, for whatsoever reason.
6. There will be no fee refund if the events is cancelled for whatsoever reason.
7. The organizers reserve the right to use any photographs (including those of participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the KKIM 2020, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
8. The organizers reserve the right to limit and/or refuse entries without giving any reason.
9. The organizers will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
10. Race entry is not transferable except valid approval.
11. Participants who commence before the actual start time of his/her race will be disqualified.(Please refer to start time of each race)
12. To participate in the Marathon (42.195 km.), participants must be 18 years of age or older on 26 January 2020.
13. To participate in the Half Marathon (21.10 km.), participants must be 16 years of age or older on 26 January 2020.
14. To participate in the Mini Marathon (11.55 km.), participants must be 12 years of age or older on 26 January 2020.
15. There are four (4) race categories:
(I) Marathon (42.195 km.)
(II) Half Marathon (21.10 km.)
(III) Mini Marathon (11.55 km.)
(IV) Walk & Fun Run (4.5 km.)
16. Individual prizes for the Marathon, Half Marathon and Mini Marathon:
The “Finish Time” (or “Gun Time”) will be used to determine the winners for each event for the following categories:
(I) Men’s Overall
(II) Women’s Overall
17. The “Net Time” (actual time from passing start line to finishing) will be used to determine the winners for the age group categories in each of the three events.
18. The winner may Choose to receive an award in another category to which he/she is entitled that might offer a higher prize-money. Each participant is, however, allowed only one prize-money award. Notwithstanding the participant’s election, his/her finishing position in each of the relevant categories does not change.
19. The organizers will not allow the competitors in the marathon, half marathon and mini marathon to drink water, mineral water or take other food accept those prepared by the KKIM racing staff.
20. For the prize winners or possible prize winners, disputes and appeals must be made on the spot within 30 minutes of the published results on the notice board on site, or immediately after the prize presentation, whichever is earlier. Any dispute must be accompanied by a deposit of 1,000 Thai baht, which will be returned to anyone whose appeal is validated.
21. For all other participants, disputes and appeals regarding the results must be submitted in a written format, including electronic mail within 7 days of the race day. The organizers reserve the rights to not entertain any dispute or appeal after 1st February 2020.
22. All participants shall collect their race entry packs that include the Bib number, chip, event T-shirt and other novelties at the pre-race registration on 24 and 25 January 2020 (10 am.- 7 pm.) No late collection will be entertained. Entry packs not collected after the collection date will be deemed as property of the organizers, who reserve the rights to dispose or distribute them accordingly.
23. All participants must get the medal in the finishing area immediately after their race.
24. All finisher’s medals are to be collected on the event day. No requests there after will be entertained.
25. The competitor who finished line not after cut-off time can down load running certificate from website (Click).
The organisation will withhold payments and awards in any error case made by the participant misplacing the tracking microchip device.
Race Headquarters Khon Kaen University
Tel +66-81974-0784 Fax:+66-4320-2388